Formerly located on the Campus of the Vermont College of Fine Arts, we are now even closer to Downtown Montpelier at 46 Barre Street, sharing the building with the Monteverdi Music School and the River Rock School. They are our partners in an organization which is working to purchase the building for a permanent arts center serving Central Vermont. We now have an intimate gallery and are keeping office hours and welcome your contact or visits.
Founded in 1896, the T. W. Wood Gallery & Arts Center houses one of the largest Permanent Collections in the state. In addition to the works of T.W. Wood and many of his artistic colleagues and contemporaries, we are also the repository for Vermont's portion of the Federal WPA collection.
Our mission is to preserve our artistic heritage and to bring the best of today's art to central Vermont. We currently have about thirty-six pieces from the Collection on view at the State House.
A lively center for all the Arts, we provide a venue for musical performances, a Summer Art Camp and a variety of lectures.
Rooms are available for rent for your event, presentation, meeting, or class. Please email email@example.com, or call the office at 262-6035 for further information. See the "Rent the Wood" page for a few images.
For a link to the historic 1913 catalog of works in the Wood Collection, click here .
| What's On in the New Gallery|
"The European Masters"
Masters Copies and Original Work
by T. W. Wood and Others
Please visit 12-4, Tues. - Fri., or by appt. A digital slide presentation of works from our collection is available.
| "The fighting Temeraire"- T. W. Wood, after Turner|
Oil on canvas - 36" x 48"
In the Office Gallery:
A Digital slide show of Works
from our collection
See the "Events" Page for images from the Art Resource Association Show,
presented in Nov./ Dec. 2011.
For further information, please call 802-262-6035.
|Many thanks to the Vermont Arts Council
for their continued support